Tabs - pages

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

To Infinity AND BEYOND!!

  Last year our nephew Owen was ALL about Sesame street - Elmo, Cookie, Big Bird, the whole gang {see Owen's Sesame Street B-day Party from last year}. THIS year, you'd better believe that Toy Story is #1. Owen's mom, our sister-in-law, Anna (of Birdie & B's Sweets) was out to make this years party one to remember - and of course,  I was super pleased to help out where I could :)

We fancied up the bottled water with two styles of fun B-day labels - featuring Slinky Dog and an Alien :)
 I Googled "Toy Story Font", but I didn't download it, I just traced out "Owen" to ensure it looked as "authentic" as possible. I recreated the Toy Story clouds and arranged my text, character and text elements on a 3" wide band x about 8-9" (had to measure a bottle). We used a skinny little strip of double-stick adhesive to keep 'em on.
I added Anna's menu items to little Etch-a-Sketch tent-labels that I printed off on card stock
(I fit 5 labels to an 8.5" x 11" page)
What's more Toy Story than pizza from Pizza Planet??! When Owen saw the sign I made to accompany the pizza boxes, he got REALLY excited + can't forget everyone's fav punch (aka 'Alien Juice') with Lime Sherbet...
And the sweets!! Chocolate Snickers and Strawberry Shortcake cupcakes = SO good. (Anna always takes care of the non-chocolate eaters like me and Kevin!) + of course! Birdie & B's Sweets Cake Pops! Vanilla pops "Alien" and "Hamm" were delicious and chocolate pop Mr. Potato Head was SO detailed.
Along with Toy Story coloring sheets and ring toss, the kids kept busy with creating their unique Mr. and Mrs. Potato Heads and "The Claw Game"
Cute Toy Story buckets filled with goodies for kid's party favors!
And for just a little added fun, I printed out an extra large Etch-a-Sketch, mounted it on cardboard, and cut out the center to become a frame! It was super fun to snap pics of party guests - although I didn't get ALL of the guests :(

OWEN!! The Birthday Boy himself!  with his new Buzz Lightyear action toy - complete with impressive wingspan and blinky little lights....



Yes. That is Baby McBride featured in the lower-center pic there...

No comments:

Post a Comment