Tabs - pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Prep for EP Arts in the Park!

   We have a looooong check list of tasks to tackle in preparation for EP Art in the Park - its coming up fast: May 18th! Here is the link for details!
  We've created product for Finch's Boutique how many years now? 6? 7? Its hard to keep track. I always make a bunch of stuff, but I kind of just keep making things until I'm out of time. 5 Nuggets here, 2 Jimmys there, a few Wash  Mitts, some pot holders, and some last minute framed artwork. This is my first time doing an *actual Art/Craft Fair style event. Which means I have a 10' x 10' tent space to do with what I please - but it's all me. I can't just put out a few of those or that - Its the "Elisa Show" - or I suppose the "Yellow Finch.Gray Day Show" - so we've been hard as work, cranking out more than ever! My WONDERFUL mom, Bonnie, has been taking on sewing on those pesky Jimmy and Robit Robot arms/legs/tails/hair/antennas, Kevin has been showing off his Stuff'n Skills (he is a REALLY good Nugget stuffer!), Finch has been snoozing, and Rigby, well, he's been pulling up 'branches with roots' from the yard (which is actually the Buck Thorn that we need removed from out back. So he *is kind of helping out in his own way...)
  Like I was saying: We are down to a two weeks away from the event, and the list is starting to look like stress in disguise as letters. Sheesh. Yikes!

To Do:

- Finish product: Sewing plush Jimmy Dolls, XL Nuggets, Tooth Fairy Nuggets, "Regular" sized Nugget Sets, Terry Wash Mitts, Felt Finger Puppets, Magic Sponge Sets, Artwork.....

- Sew little illustrated tags on to product (...once it's finished....)

- Print + Fold Yellow Finch.Gray Day coloring sheet/books for booth visitors to take

- steam the creases out the vinyl banner I had made with my logo that showed up all smushed

- cut business cards in half (seemed like a good idea at the time...but of course, it just another process)

- Set up dry run of tent, tables, shelves, etc. int he back yard the week before event so we can ensure that everything FITS. That way on the morning of May 18th, we can just follow the photos are know where exactly everything goes. Yes. I'm like that.

- ... I'm sure I'm missing some other key things..... yikes!


Here's my crew of XL Plush Nuggets with pockets :)




if you happen to be in the area on May 18th~
Purgatory Creek Park
13001 Technology Drive
Eden Prairie, Mn55344

No comments:

Post a Comment