Tabs - pages

Monday, May 27, 2013

Last Weekend: Our Booth @ EP Arts in the Park

  Last Sat. (May 18th) was EP Arts in the Park - outdoor, one-day only art sale. and OF COURSE it stormed most of the morning. Luckily the event start time was pushed from 9am back to 11am - so there was no setting up in the rain for us. We were left with really soggy, swampy grass under our booth that seriously deterred people from coming in - perfect right? - but those who did venture a closer look at Yellow Finch.Gray Day seemed quite pleased.
  [Que the wind] Aside from the steamy, muggy air that arrived as soon as the clouds parted, our next battle was the wind coming right off the lake. It blew Kevin's Mom's tent right off, knocking over her displays. Lame!
  Overall, the event was great. A majority of the other sellers featured Paintings, Photography and Jewelry - I was the only one with kid's product (well, lots of Deb's ceramic Fairy Houses can be for kids too!), so I'm not certain I really fit in at this specific event. Oh well! It was my first time, but perhaps not the last!

  Notes to self:
   1: outdoor art/craft fair events in May = not a smart idea....
   2: I *probably made too much product. From just walking by, it appeared I had double or triple the amount of actual items - even more than some of the the jewelry peeps...
   3: the iron-on tees I made for my mom and I to wear during the event = nice touch :)
   4: the Square register app/card reader on my phone isn't just for running credit cards: I tracked every transaction, even cash transactions on my phone. So easy!

  Have a look at how the Yellow Finch.Gray Day booth turned out!
pet department!! people LOVE those Squeaky Bones!
Birdie & B's Sweets = My sister-in-law Anna and her sweets partner April made the first ever Nugget Cake Pops!
They fit in perfectly, and were SO tasty! 
 + last week, we were super excited to see some familiar faces in
Elisa McBride of Yellow Finch Gray Day offered these plush “nuggets.”

No comments:

Post a Comment