Tabs - pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

McBride's go back in time....

....to yester-year @ the Minnesota Renaissance Festival! It's been a few years since we've gone - but it's a pretty fun time + so many tasty foods to try. We were joined by Jeff & Jenny and Brian & Amber on what turned out to be a lovely half-cool, half-warm day - sure beats super hot!

We watched the Morris Dancers perform!
+ Our brother-in-law Nick performed with Villification Tennis at the Bear Stage and kicked butt!
Kevin's sister Molly performed as well - looking all cute and getting all sassy - she totally schooled that lame-old "Sunshine" and won the match for her team!
While eating my beer cheese soup in a bread bowl, I spotted a familiar looking gentleman in the crowd - and I think he saw me taking his photo... My suspicions were right as I spied, when he turned around, that he carried a pink umbrella! It was everyone's favorite half-giant Hagrid from Harry Potter!! I was SO excited to see him!
Oh man this was a super creepy mime dude - when you put $$ in his basket, we wound himself up with the crank in his chest and moved around....
Kevin gave ax throwing a go - and he did really well.
It is important that I note that Brian ALSO gave ax throwing a try
and DID NOT do as well as Kevin.
Over at the pretty disappointing attempt at Oktoberfest, we played a round of Hammerschlagen and Kevin won!
Again, very important to mention that Kevin did in fact beat Brian.
Kevin's prize was a free beer from a super long line only to be told that they were out of Schell's Okoberfest and was given a Grainbelt Premium instead. Needless to say, Kevin was very displeased.
Here are the happy couples! Jeff & Jenny on the left, and Brian & Amber on the right.
Kevin and I were happy too I assure you, just not photographed.
We had a great time at the festival! Huzzah!!! Thanks to Molly & Nick for the free tickets! You guys rule!

+ in case anyone is keeping score - I can't think of who... - but Kevin won his lady a prize in dart throwing as well. Brian did not.

* special thanks to Jenny for snapping most of these pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment