Tabs - pages

Friday, July 27, 2012

Moving On In! To the New Office!

   We are SO pumped to start moving into our new office and studio space! It will be SO nice to have an official place to deal with mail and bills, computers, printer, scanner, and all of Kevin's gadgets. Books shall be stashed and papers shall be filed + finally a full-time space for the sewing machine, book binding materials, and all of those other crafty supplies!

- Finished painting: "Buttered Sweet Corn" is a sunny yellow perfect to brighten up the long wall in the new office and "Fossil," a warm gray for the rest.

- We grouted the tile (again...) + Kevin stained, cut and installed base trim
    Remember back in June we shared how the tile looked grouted? (See Post) Well, shortly thereafter we decided that we didn't like it.... at all.
Here's what it was:
This pic is blurry, but you can see that we tried what was *supposed to be a warm gray grout - it REALLY got red and in the office with lots of natural light, it really took on a pink cast. Boo.
Here's it is now:
We decided to go with a dark charcoal grout instead - and we LOVE the way it turned out :)
Here you can see the tile with the trim with paint - voila!
- Hung window blinds

- We've moved in the tall bookshelf + Kevin's desk and Kevin has begun setting up our modem, signal repeater and printer just so...

Kevin gets the backyard view...
- I've begun to move in a few things to "my side" of the office too. This sunny yellow wall shall be home to my tall work table, sewing table, this new IKEA tall white book shelf and mounted wall shelves galore

Still to come:
- Ummm... more furniture of course...
- wall mounted shelves
- LOTS of stuff: supplies, artwork, computers, items collected over the years, etc.
- Floor Rug
- A place for Finch to hang out
- Plants - I think we need plants in here...
- New desk chair for Kevin
- Pillows in the window seat? Something comfy...

We will be back *soon with a grand reveal!! Can't wait to show you how the office turns out!

1 comment:

  1. Though there’s a certain charm in working from home, I’ve always prefered having an actual office for my work. Kinda gives me a sense of separation when I go work mode and when I go home. Also, I can leave my unfinished work there and not be tempted to carry it home with me. The missus hates it when I bring home work.

    Clayton Steadham

    ReplyDelete