Tabs - pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Fun Finds @ Ax-Man!

  It has been YEARS since I've been to an Ax-Man store - at least 8+ years.  Ax-Man is a surlpus store that buys extra or discontinued product or parts from companies and re-sells them. The result is this crazy mish-mash of 'stuff' - baby doll parts, circuit board parts, beakers, ....
  I used to frequent the Ax-Man in St. Paul with friends when I was in school - art students are always on the hunt for some random bits to use for a project (like a sculpture or a set for stop-motion animation - I helped).
  The St. Louis Park store is the closest location to us now - really close actually (other locations include St. Paul, Fridley, and Crystal) and Kevin's never been in there, so I figured why the heck not? Perhaps there will be some new project for us - for art, or decor, or...who knows....

LOTS of colored tape  -  LOTS of colored votive holders  -  LOTS of License Plates  -  LOTS of cork stoppers
Marbles!
Need Zippers? Ball Bearings? Springs? Perhaps glass? (could be cool for a framing project)
Bowling Pins  -  Mini Clamps $.45/ea ( these are my favorite: perfect for book binding)
Cardboard boxes in lots of sizes (might be handy if I EVER open my etsy shop...)
lots of hardware  - wooden frames  -  glass mugs, plates, bowls, etc.  - tiny bottles, vials, and beakers of all sizes

And here are just a few of our take-homes :)
yellow and gray tape!  -  mini cutting mat  - a cute bottle + mini beaker (for flowers)
little forks, formerly from North West Airlines food service, perfect for pickles!  -  little green votive holders
Ax-Man was a lot of fun - I think I might make another trip over there again soon! I have several project ideas...  Let me know what treasures YOU find when you stop by Ax-Man!

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely obsessed with Pinterest and this store would be PERFECT for some of the projects I want to do!! Thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete