Tabs - pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tonight's Meal: German Pancakes

Ah man, breakfast for dinner - better known as 'brinner' - is the bee's knees. Growing up, German Pancakes was my favorite meal - and really kind of still is - I think I started calling it "The Ultimate" because we would pile on the syrup, powdered sugar and loads of fruit until it was really massive (kind of "Pannekoeken Huis style"). The pancakes raise up like little mountains in the oven - it's fun to flip the little oven light on and watch through the window :)
I think I also love German Pancakes so much because it's one of the few things that I can actually make - its nice to bring something to the table...literally...


Shall we get
started then?


German Pancakes:
You will need:
4 eggs
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 c. sifted flour
2/3 c. milk
2 tbsp soft butter
1/2 tsp salt


1. Wash your hands + Preheat oven to 400
2. Grease with butter two a 9" x 13" cake pan
3. Put eggs into blender, cover, and process on a low speed (like STIR) until golden yellow in color.
4. Turn blender speed higher (to MIX or BLEND) and remove cover: add remaining ingredients, blending until smooth.
5. Pour into prepped pans and bake for 20 min. (be sure and have a peek at them to see how they raise and bubble - not because you need to, but bc it's fun!)
6. Reduce heat to 350 and bake another 10 min.
7. Cut/Slide onto your plates and dig in! Serve with butter, syrup, powdered sugar, strawberries, applesauce - any fruit = yummy.
We usually make 1 batch for me and Kevin - so: Serves 2 adults (At my parent's house, we double it up and bake two at once)


+ hey! let me know if you give German Pancakes a try!
3" x 5" Recipe Card - print + cut on dashed line - Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment